Phlebotomy Program Admission Request
NHCC Nursing Department
Bioscience & Health Careers Center
The following steps must be completed prior to submitting this admission request:
- Apply to North Hennepin Community College
- You must be accepted for admission at NHCC in order to be admitted into the phlebotomy program. Applications are available at www.nhcc.edu/apply.
- Submit official transcripts
- Official transcripts from institutions outside of the Minnesota State (MinnState) system should be submitted to the Records and Registration office if they are not already on file at NHCC. NHCC will be able to access Minnesota State (MinnState) transcripts automatically with your application.
- Meet with a Health Professions Advisor
- Call the Advising Center to schedule your appointment with a Health Professions Advisor: 763-424-0703
- Complete ACCUPLACER Testing with the following minimum scores or Received a waiver:
- Reading – NGA Reading test score of (250); or the Classic Reading test score of (78)
- English – NGA Reading Test score of (250); or the Classic Reading test score of (78)
- Math – Classic College level Math test requires a minimum score of (36) on the Math 1010, 1031, 1130, and 1140 courses
- You may also qualify by having received a placement test waiver based on transfer courses, ACT/SAT/MCA scores, or an ACCUPLACER at another institution. Contact the Testing Center to see if you qualify: 763-424-0928.